Thursday, February 4, 2016

2016 February Menu

2016 February Menu 

It's been a long time since I've shared menus on here, but I thought I would share this month's menu.  Just about every recipe is blogged, though some are a work in progress and I don't blog those until I know the recipe is right.
I plan my menus, but I don't always make Monday's dish on Monday night, I sometimes make it on Wednesday, etc. Having a menu doesn't mean you can't be flexible it just means you have all the ingredients necessary for a week or two's worth of meals. I also don't specify sides for the most part, it just depends on what's at the market.
Some months I'll do themes, I talked about themes in this menu planning post (#3). It just depends. I do find that it's easier to fill out a menu when I go that route. I still try to plan easier dishes on soccer practice nights, and a crock pot meal on game days, for church etc. I also plan meals with vegetables and fruits that are more hardy at the end of a pay period or closer to the next time I plan on going grocery shopping.  For instance, cabbage keeps longer than most other vegetables, so I'll plan on having Simple Cabbage salad the day before grocery shopping.
This year Chinese New Year is in February, instead of doing one big feast with all the foods I'm spreading all the Chinese New Year foods out throughout that week. Then we just kind of slide right into Valentine's day.  It feels like everything is jumbled together!
Another thing about these meals is that they are kid friendly. I've never been one to give my kids "kid food", or "dumbed down" their palettes. Even as babies I added different spices to their foods and let them try everything. My oldest two still eat raw onions off the cutting board, and I try not to make a face, but they have done that since they were toddlers.
Here are some links to recipes from this month's menu-
Carnitas (crock pot)
Udon Noodle Stir Fry
Pho (gluten free, can be made Paleo)
Khao Piek Sen (gluten free)
Spring Rolls (gluten free)
Khao Mun Gai- though I won't be making this in the crock pot
Larb
Pot Stickers/Dumplings
Bao
Pot Roast (Crock pot)
Rosemary Molasses Pork Chops
Lasagna Soup (can be done in the crock pot)
Phyllo Cigars (Vegetarian)
Curry Shrimp Lettuce Wraps (Paleo)
French Dip
Roasted Tomato Soup
Parmesan Crisps/Cheese crackers (gluten free)
Orange Chicken
Thai Beef salad (gluten free)
Chimichangas- I'm making these with leftover carnitas
Curry Noodle Bowls (Paleo)
Garden Vegetable Soup (crock pot)




Just for fun here are a few more menu's, including February 2013!



 I also mentioned keeping a list of meals and dishes you family likes handy when filling out a menu. I keep these files on the computer, so I can add and subtract from them easily. Yes I did punch the holes wrong, you can also use plastic sleeves. Recipes and meal ideas can be kept in the same binder. Do what works for you!
Here's our list-

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.